Artemis announces initial close on its first fund, Artemis Capital Partners I, L.P.
Boston, MA., Artemis today announced the completion of the initial close of its first fund, Artemis I, L.P. Artemis is a private equity fund focused on delivering premium returns to its investors through the acquisition of undervalued industrial technology companies where our General Partners can add significant value with their unique blend of strategic, operational, business development and financial skills.
Artemis seeks to invest in companies or divisions of larger companies that have unique products in niche markets but have been restricted from growth due to management limitations or the lack of investment from a parent company that views the division as non-strategic.
Artemis seeks to invest in entities that have unique products, in niche markets, but have been restricted from growth due to management limitations or the lack of investment and attention from a parent company that viewed the business as non-strategic. Artemis targets investments in companies that market sensors, devices, controls, instruments, automation, software and related devices into following industries:
- Industrial automation
- Laboratory and life science instrumentation and automation
- Energy and alternative energy instrumentation controls and components
- Test and measurement instrumentation and devices
- Medical devices
- Defense and Homeland Security
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
The target profile of companies in which the Fund seeks to invest is as follows:
- Revenues of $2 million to $50 million
- EBITDA of $500,000–$5 million (typically less than $2 million)
- Proven products and established customer relationships with recurring revenue streams
- Unique and defensible products, technology and/or intellectual property in niche markets
- Growing markets with identified growth opportunities such as new customer relationships, new distribution channels and/or expansion into new markets.
- Strong functional management with in-depth industry knowledge
Artemis intends to significantly increase the value of all acquired companies by developing a clear and focused strategy, aggressively pursuing new revenue opportunities, implementing financial and operational disciplines, adding top quality personnel to the management team and board, and growing through acquisition, if appropriate.
Founded in 2010, Artemis is a Boston-based private equity firm focused on acquiring and growing manufacturers of differentiated industrial technologies, including analytical and lab instrumentation. Artemis seeks to partner with companies that have strong established management teams, outstanding engineering capabilities, unique products, and expanding niche markets. For more information on Artemis, please visit: www.artemislp.com
Vice President, Business Development